Most people would probably agree that indoor plumbing is right up there with the Internet and Oreo cookies as being one of the greatest inventions of our time. For the majority of us, we’re so used to this common luxury that the thought rarely (if ever) crosses our minds of what it might have been like for our ancestors who didn’t have well-functioning plumbing.
That is, of course, until ours stops working.
All of us have experienced the sheer joy (read: horrible nightmare) of a plumbing problem of some kind, and unfortunately, the vast majority of people are not plumbing experts. (It’s true: according to the U.S. Census, there are over 325 million people in the United States, and – according to the BLS – less than 425,000 of them are plumbers!)
So what does the average, non-plumbing expert in the Twin Falls, Idaho area do when he or she runs into a plumbing problem? They call First Choice Plumbing!
Here are just a few of the common plumbing problems you might experience that most likely require a plumber’s expertise:
1. Leaky Faucet. Not only is a leaky faucet annoying and a waste of water, but it can also be a sign of a bigger problem that, if left unchecked, can cause major problems down the road. A plumber can best determine what’s causing the constant dripping, and fix the problem before it becomes an even bigger (and more expensive) project.
2. Running or Clogged Toilet. When a plunger won’t do the trick, it may be something more than just a clog. And if the toilet water won’t stop running, it can also be a sign of something a bit more sinister lurking within your plumbing system. Having a plumber look at these common toilet issues can, once again, take care of the current situation, as well as prevent a larger problem from occurring in the future.
3. Slow Draining Tub. If water starts filling up the tub while you’re showering or won’t drain after a bath, and if store-bought drain cleaners aren’t doing the trick, then perhaps your tub is clogged beyond what a do-it-yourself trick can accomplish. Give First Choice Plumbing a call, and we can take care of the greater issue at hand and get your bath time back on track!
4. Poor Water Pressure. If you’re experiencing low water pressure, try cleaning the shower head or faucet first, because there’s a good chance it might be some mineral buildup. If that doesn’t work, however – you guessed it – there might be a bigger, unseen problem. A plumber can determine what’s actually going on and get your water flowing properly again soon.
5. The Big Stuff! Frozen or burst pipes, water leaking from the walls or ceilings…these are major problems that need immediate attention from a professional plumber. If you ever notice these issues in your own home, call First Choice Plumbing immediately so we can help.
6. Yearly Maintenance Checks. Prevention is the best solution! Yearly maintenance checks ensure the care, and prolong the life, of your plumbing system by catching any current problems and preventing future ones. Be sure to call First Choice Plumbing and schedule your yearly plumbing maintenance appointment!
Most of the time it seems that plumbing systems work just fine, but almost everyone will need a professional plumber’s assistance at some point. If you live in the Twin Falls area of Southern Idaho, give First Choice Plumbing a call. We’re here to help with any and all of your plumbing needs!